- Aluminium air battery
Use and then recycle back to aluminium and start again. wikipedia
- Blue diesel from air using CO2
- Seawater as fuel perhaps use wave, wind, or solar energy to run the fuel making process.
Adaptive renewable aircraft
- Catalina, plane, boat, able to carry people and freight?
- What could we make these from to make them renewable and light?
Bamboo? Hemp? Carbon based?
- Solar challenge has helped to inspire projects like the cruiser class Sunswift which will be a road registrable solar vehicle.
- Student electric vehicle competitions
- Hybrid cars combined with alternative fuels?
A hybrid Porsche has won Le Mans.
- We currently use land yachts for fun, sport, racing.
- In China in the 1600s they had land yachts which carried 28 people.
Hybrid road rail
If we are freighting smaller volumes of higher value materials to more diffuse locations we could do with transport which can make use of rail corridors but also branch into road systems.